Monday, June 10, 2013

Shhhh...

Don't tell anyone, but I'm pretty much finished with this school year.  Grades and all.  There's a week and a couple of days left to go.  I literally have no idea how to fill my time.

So I'll write.

This school year has been interesting, to say the least.  I chatted with a friend the other night who said, "You look like you've had a great year!"  She couldn't see me because using the video call part of Skype makes it run slow, but I gave her a side-eye.  My reply, "Yeah, well I'm friends with people who don't really need to know otherwise."

That's the thing with social media, huh?  You can't really be as honest as you'd like.  Well, some people are too honest, but in general, if you're a responsible member of the human race, you definitely have to limit the rants you go on, just in case the wrong person reads it.

My dad's employer said that if anyone is caught making negative statements about the company on Facebook, they could be fired.  So my dad's not on Facebook at all, just in case.  Just in case he accidentally says something negative?  I've never heard my dad complain about his job in 30-something years.  I doubt he's going to 'accidentally' go on a Facebook rant now.

But just in case...

We've had a bit of a rough year, professionally speaking.  This blog is still social media so I won't go into the specifics, but I will say I'm glad it's coming to a close and I'm hopeful that next year will prove more rewarding.  I try to channel my inner-Rachel each day and be all 'love myself, love my moments, make happiness out of rotten lemons, etc.'  Sometimes it works, sometimes I throw those rotten lemons at people... and that makes me happy.

I suppose I'll start the great international novel this week.  Seems like a thing to do to fill the time. 

What would you do with some extra time?

1 comment:

  1. Search online for all the cool recipes I want to try this summer to wow my family with my culinary genius. That is exactly what I'd be doing if my students weren't watching a documentary right now while I frantically try to make my 3pm report card deadline!

    ReplyDelete