But thinking about it, let's take it back to my high school graduation in1996- June, to be precise. Since then, I:
- Spent 4 years in college, arguably something I would do again in a heartbeat, as long as the same exact people lived there with me.
- Waitress-ed in a roadhouse for 1 1/2 years, making my father extraordinarily proud of the money he spent on my Bachelor of Music Education. I argue that it was my "gap year"... instead of backpacking across Europe (which, admittedly, I never would've done anyway), I was serving beer and sweeping up peanuts in Suburbia, GA. In case you're wondering, I would NOT do this again unless absolutely necessary.
- Taught 2nd-5th graders in the Dominican Republic. It was the adventure that changed my life and I most definitely would do it again, just to ensure I ended up here. But it was really freaking hot.
- Taught 6th-12th graders music, guitar, and drama in Kuwait. Wait. I take back the 'hot' part of the aforementioned D.R. Kuwait was HOT. But it was a dry heat... I loved my job and I loved my kids. I met my husband. I got two dogs.
- Taught PreK-4th graders in Shanghai. There are a few people I love from there, and I know that being there has lead me here. But I wouldn't go back. I did not love China. It was not very Raven.
- And now... three years in Guatemala. People actually came to visit us here. We made some amazing friends, saw a very beautiful part of the world, I lost my momma, and... there's something I'm forgetting. Hmmm... oh yeah! My little Ladybug and her little sister, Beansprout (due to arrive in September) came along. How could I forget that (I didn't really. I'm just teasing you guys...)?
- Next: Bahrain. And eventually a retirement home in Sri Lanka. According to mi esposo.
And I sure as hell wouldn't change a minute.