Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Grown-up games...

Are there really people in this world who don't feel bad when they know that they've purposely been left out of something?  I would like to meet one of these people and just ask, "How?" More than that, I would like to know why I'm bothered by being left out of something that I probably wouldn't have gone to in the first place.  Really, why in the world does this bother me?  I suppose it's nice being asked and feeling included.  But what does that matter when I don't particularly want to be included in anything with that person?  Case in point: a friend had a dinner last night and I wasn't invited.  We're not BFF's but I thought we were friends.  The part that bothers me is that I did find out about the dinner when one of the invitees said something about going, assuming I was going as well.  She felt really bad after she realized I had no idea what she was talking about.  I felt awkward too... but mostly I felt sort of annoyed.  Why wasn't I invited?

Then, come to find out, the one having the dinner party make a comment like, "I heard Kelli found out about this.  What did she say?" What the eff do you think I said?  I'm standing there with a friend, realizing that I wasn't special enough to another friend to make the cut... but you can't very well whine and cry about it.  So I said, "Oh.  Whatever." My confidencial source said dinner-friend seemed a weird mixture of relieved and bothered- like maybe she wanted the whining and crying.

Does this ever stop?  Or is it just me?

APPLICANTS APPLY WITHIN: Seeking individuals who truly don't give a shi% when they don't make the cut.  Applicants must be willing to share their secrets.

P.S. I almost forgot to write today.  Shame on me.  But obviously I remembered.  Day 8- smacked down!

6 comments:

  1. Dang! It's the 90/10 split again. 90% of the population of the world is doo doo. Be glad you're not doo doo.

    But I know what you are talking about. Just just the 90-percenters out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit. just CUT the 90-percenters out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pee on her! And thats not a comment to make you feel better either...
    She sounds a little high school'ish if you ask me. She actually asked someone your reaction? Seriously?! You're vulnerable (and thats not necessarily a bad thing); you let things like this bother you. I feel like I get along with a lot of people, but I have a certain circle that I "really" care about, which my feelings would get hurt over and not to be uncouth, but the others mean nothing. AND if I dont' like you, you're dead to me. Like you said, you probably wouldn't have gone anyway. Don't let these trivial issues bother you pumpkin!
    I feel like we've had this conversation a MILLION times.
    Toughen up, buttercup! OR, get pregnant so that it's alright to tell people off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel bad. It's happened to me as well in Guate, a lot. Trust me, you're not missing out on anything! A bunch of teachers getting drunk to forget why they left the states in the first place. The only problem is there isn't much else to do in this city. Don't let it get to you and use this time here to work on yourself mentaly and spiritualy. I don't miss out on the events here b/c I've come to not even want to hang with the people throwing them. Try it, it's easier than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, I know, I know! I need a tougher hide! I need to find people here that I really enjoy spending time with... cry me a river ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are good enough.
    You are smart enough,
    And gosh darnit, people *like* you!

    ReplyDelete